Bensynos thanks You all

General Cabals: Card Blitz Discussion

Re: Bensynos thanks You all

Postby Saboteur » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

1) I am sure not all of forum users are familiar with exact situation what happened in blitz ( i red msg in fb but i havent found detailed and sequential explananions) . Only chatting with Bensynos I saw the mistake kyy did. I still think its their mistake as its not something unusual (remember no timeout bug being fixed in years. To clarify things as I underdtood them kyy deflated and nerfed every mechanic that involved cards yet they havent altered cards buying mechanics ( it should have been nerfed too for the sake of justice ill explain it later) also this nerf to hight level cards was likely buggy - players didnt get intended ammount of cards as a compensation.
2) kyy still thinks this change havent changed "real: valur of your card collection so as you are as powerfull as before because everything (exept shopping !!!) was nerfed. But its not true according to Bensy because his card collection can be bought 10-9x cheapier due to buying mechanic was left unaltered (you get same goods for same price as before update)
To conclude:
1) Guys here needs better explanation
2) Kyy thinks blitz nerf havent robbed anyone, but it seems, as from Bensy and other players witness that the cost of their collection was reduced. So players who had most were hit most hard yet its still unclear if card compensation mechanic worked as intended or not, have it only failed to compensate few vyry hight level cards tgat onlu Bensynos and few others had?
3) I played blitz right after release for 5 min. After that I deleted blitz and wanted to hand myself with a barbwire.
Lets make Cabals great again! We must build a wall to protects all the newbies
Saboteur
Veteran

Postby Saboteur » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Weery simple example from what Bensynos told:
If I have spent 300 bucks on cards before update I end up with hypotetically same collection as player who spent 30- 60 bucks after update on blitz.
Lets make Cabals great again! We must build a wall to protects all the newbies
Saboteur
Veteran

Postby Cielo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 am

Bensynos wrote:I am a bit disappointed, I hoped more people would reply to this post, if they robbed all their players in one game there was no reason why they could not do it again with this game and I thought that other people would have been interested in how KYY dealt with this situation. As you saw, they ignored me, even if I always supported the game from the beginning and may be the player who spent the most supporting in both their games.
I would like to know what other players think about this. I shared my accounts with the community without any problems, they neither gave an official answer.
Maybe this forum is really dead and it was a better channel to post, but I think that forum is the right channel for this kind of subject.
Well, I think that the only thing I could do now is trying to solve this situation without them, I'll look if apple support could help me.

Long time no see Bensynos!
I only check the forum occasionally - that's why I just saw your posts.
I'm sorry to hear this - both what happened in the other game and your leaving this one. Hope you get an official answer soon. (Are they having a summer vacation now?)

I still remember when you got 3k rating. And I learned a lot from your replays.
I played Faeria since early-access but after a while I got too busy to continue playing. Maybe I'll see you in Faeria someday.

Thank you Bensynos and goodbye!
Don't read this signature.
Cielo
Veteran

Postby dougsymon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:57 am

Hi everyone, especially Bensynos!

Sorry for the delay replying. As Cielo noticed I've been on holiday and only just got back. Also I needed to get up to speed with what has been happening. So there was certainly no intention to ignore anybody and we would never intend to do that to any members of the Cabals Community.

We're very sorry for the perceived losses in Cabals: Card Blitz and extremely saddened to hear such a talented Cabals: Magic & Battles Card player may not be playing anymore.

To bring new content to Card Blitz we needed to reduce the strength of all cards and strongholds. This has been the same for all players and all accounts. At the same time we were also able to improve the overall balance of the game. Now there is new content in the form of events and it will be possible to add further content in the future.

The aspect here that is causing a lot of confusion is the perceived value of cards when making purchases. What is being missed is that not only have the cards been changed but also the content of boosters have been changed. So you don't actually get more for your money now than before. Everything has changed relatively. This means the strength of your cards (and investment) are roughly the same in comparison to the rest of the Cabals Community. As well as what it takes to acquire new cards and progress in the game (for both new players and experienced players).

We're still hopeful to see everyone battling it out on the various Cabals battlegrounds and look forward to bringing more content and improvements to all our Cabals games in the future.
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Postby Bensynos » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Finally, an answer...

The cases are two, or You (KYY) are good in math or You aren't. In both cases You robbed your players, I will explain how again, in the easiest way possibile and to do so I will approximate the non-relevant details.

The currency of the game is gems, gems are bought through real money. I bought stuff with gems. After patch all players stuff was reduced by a variable amount, in my case between 80/90% so my collection value became 10/20% of before. Also what You can buy with gems after update was reduced and this is what You argue that balanced the reduced stuff. The point is, how much?
Now You can buy with the same amount of gems of before about one third (33%). This means that all that what was bought before the patch is worth 3 times more then what You can buy now, but because it has been reduced to a 10/20%, the value of my collection after the update is 10/20% x 3 = 30/60% compared to a player that spends the same amount of money/gems now.
And this is just considering the money spent by players. Their time/effort lost is not considered. And basically You reset 100% of the time spent by players in evolving/fusing cards.

Let's make the same comparison I made before, better.
It's exactly the same if You release a Cabals TCG update after which all players have the non elite version of all their elite cards, which means their collection is reduced to a 10/20%. At the same time You change the value of boosters to one third of before. I'd like to know how Cabals TGC players would react. I will react the same way, stopping playing your games. Maybe someone will tell his opinion now that all the situation should be more clear to all.

Again, You can do whatever You want with your games. Just give the possibility to all players who don't want their collection devaluated in such a way, to get a refund of what they lost as I want. If You don't, You robbed them. If You still don't think You did rob them, argue why.
Bensynos
Agent

Postby dougsymon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 am

Thank you very much for the reply Bensynos.

We have explained the situation and going into more detail would require a full presentation of the workings and data behind the game and obviously this is not possible. It's also not something we have done with Magic & Battle Cards.

As for the time spent for a player evolving/fusing cards: that is precisely why these changes were made. If the card powers had not been reduced it would have taken days to evolve single cards and would have required far more time than has already been spent. So the changes actually save players' time.

We are always happy to discuss our games and support the community the best we can. It's unfortunate we can't show the full picture here so to see the fairness of these changes.

Enjoy playing Cabals everyone!
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Postby Bensynos » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Bensynos wrote:If You don't, You robbed them. If You still don't think You did rob them, argue why.

Just contacted itunes support for the first time to get a refund, I thought all the situation could be resolved without third parties.

Anyway, as I said:
Bensynos
Agent

Postby cacukuke » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:39 am

My humble opinion, considering I havn't played Blitz and don't understand its specifics:
1. What you have bought should be in your basket in same numbers even if that cards had lost value by nerfing them. If some cards you own are excluded from the game it would be nice to have compensation in form of new content etc.
2. Surely that doesnt mean one can invest some money and have top deck forever. Emitting and trading new content such as strong or interesting cards while nerfing existing is common and good way to ROI.
3. I hope the problem will be solved and Bensy will be back to Cabals!

Regards!
cacukuke
Visionary

Postby Void » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi Bensynos,

Like Cielo I only check this forum a couple of times a year and misses most posts so I did not see your post before today.
But I decided to respond to your post since we have been through similar situations.

But before I write anything else I want to say that I remember that you where a strong player just before I stopped playing and I can only imagen that you must be much stronger now almost 4 years after I left the game.

I think that few people understand how much time we both have invested into this game. Not only through playing the game and participating in the chat and on the forum, but also inventing new strategies and figuring out new ways to play the game. I personally found serval new friends here and wrote with some of them even after I left the game. I imagen that you are in the same situation.
It felt extremely frustrating to me that all of this should be taken away due to a decision that I perceived as a very bad one.
However looking back I am really happy about everything. Both all the time I spend on Cabals since I had so much fun and meet a lot of nice people, even though it is over now, but also that the poor decision was made since it pushed me to other games and other great experiences.
I am greatful for all that I have learned from Cabals both in temrs of writing English and strategic thinking, which I have used in other games as well as IRL.

I hope that in a couple of years you will be in the same situation I am in now and look back and think that both the time spend playing and this abrupt ending was for the best.

I wish you the best in the future where ever it may take you and I hope you will never face me in another game, so I wouldn't have to crush you like the n00b you are.

Cheers. ;)
Void
King

Previous

Return to General Discussion