FAQ: Frequently asked Questions and Answers

An area for new players, frequently asked questions, hints and tips.

FAQ: Frequently asked Questions and Answers

Postby csatrad » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I bought some cards but didn't get any? I received cards from levelling up but they disappeared?
There are currently two main cabals in the game: Primal and Dominion. They both have two cabals. Primal consists of Bearclaw Brotherhood and Danann Covenant while Order of Zahir and Vrill Society form Dominion.

As you level-up in single player, you will get random cards from all cabals (= from all cabals).

If you don't have a hero from the other cabal, you won't be able to see its cards. You can also (accidentally) buy a booster pack for Primal even if you don't have a Primal hero.

I saw that in my initial deck there are other colored cards as well, so I bought other colored cards in the shop, but I cannot add them to my deck, why?
Yellow and Red colored cards count as allies. So a Red colored hero can use Red and Yellow colored cards. Green and Blue forms another alliance. Colors might sometimes be blank but the shape remains.

Yellow is a triangle, Red is a diamond, Blue is a square, Green is a circle.

If someone just time out just to annoy the opponent in the face of certain loss, do I get the same amount of rank points then I would if I can win in the other ways?
Each loss / victory counts the same, there's no exploitable rules there.

If the opponent has the same card on board, how do I know which one is mine I lose the track of the game?
Your cards are Blue, opponent's cards are Red.
Units that belong to you gain 2 spinning white lines around the card when selected. Regardless if they moved previously or not. Since you are not able to select enemy units you will never see this selecting animation when you click on them.

How are dominion points calculated?
Domination points (DP) are given for special locations: Resource +1, Resource +2, Deployment and Stronghold tiles each reward 1 DP/turn, while they're under your control and at the start of your turn. The basic tiles do not affect DP, but there are cards may benefit or affect basic tiles. Some cards can add extra points above this. For instance the yellow Order of Zahir - Homunculus card.
Code: Select all
Stronghold         : 1 domination point.
Resource tile +1   : 1 domination point.
Resource tile +2   : 1 domination point.
Deployment location: 1 domination point.

How can I differentiate between common, uncommon and rare cards?

The card text is the key! Common has grey text, green is uncommon, and rare is blue!

Is there a way to delete my account? I wish to try out other cabals before I settle to one, but I would also like to keep my name in the process.
At the moment, no.

I forgot my password. How can I change it? Is the in-game password the same as the forum password?
They are different passwords (can be exactly the same of course if the user wants so). It's advised to always use different passwords but in my opinion you can easily create a long and strong password, and use it on all gaming related sites etc. Remember: Kyy Games will NEVER ask for your password.

Cabals (game) password can be changed from this page.
And forum password here.

LAST EDITED by dougsymon (27.05.2014) although not everything is 100% correct, originally posted by user csatrad.
Last edited by csatrad on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 14 times in total.
csatrad
Disciple

Re: Frequently asked Questions and Answares

Postby Dir3kt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey, good initiative! Let me just add one question.

Q: How are dominion points calculated?
Dir3kt
Follower

Postby misa » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi,

answers based on what I have heard / understood in talks with the developers (so take with a pinch of salt):

Q: I accedently bought a card what I found out I didn't even needed, is there a way to refound my mistake or atleast delete certain cards from my "pool" for the shake of order and tidyness?
A: (to be edited once it is answared)

As for now there seems to be no way of fixing a mistake. However, cards that you have too many of (which were perhaps given as rewards or came through purchased packs) can later be converted into other cards. For instance it will be possible to convert 10 common cards into one uncommon.

Q: How are dominion points calculated?
A: You get dominiation points based on how many squares you control - no, circles in fact, game board positions... no, tiles! yeah tiles. Per tiles you control.

br,

misa
misa
Disciple

Postby Dir3kt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Misa thanks for your answer, but that doesn't explains how is it calculated exactly.
Dir3kt
Follower

Postby MikaRosendahl » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Q: I accedently bought a card what I found out I didn't even needed, is there a way to refound my mistake or atleast delete certain cards from my "pool" for the shake of order and tidyness?
A: (Not yet, your "trash" cards will become handy in the future updates. Boosters and starter packs in general are cheaper than single cards, the left overs from those will become useful.)

Q: If someone just time out just to annoy the oponent in the face of certain loss, do I get the same amount of rank points then I would if I can win in the other ways?
A: (Each loss / victory counts the same, there's no exploitable rules there.)

Q: If the oponent have the same card as me, how do I know wich one is mine or wich one is theirs if I lost track of the game?
A: (Your cards are blue, opponent's cards are red.)

Q:: How are dominion points calculated?
A:: (Special locations: Resource, Deployment, Stronghold, each reward 1 DP/turn, while they're under your control. The basic tiles do not affect DP, but there are cards may benefit or affect basic tiles)

There is tutorial in play-menu, in-game tutorial will be implemented in updates but meanwhile good source of helpful tips can be found at:
http://www.cabalsgame.com/info.php
http://www.cabalsgame.com/faq.php
http://www.cabalsgame.com/howtoplay.php

And naturally, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!
-Mika
Cabals Founder and Card&Board game enthusiast.
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org

http://webchat.quakenet.org
Thread with more information about IRC channel
MikaRosendahl
Site Admin

Postby Mort » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:29 am

Q: If the oponent have the same card as me, how do I know wich one is mine or wich one is theirs if I lost track of the game?

That isnt true in the case of cards that doesnt conquer. The area beneath the unit can be grey or red and makes the unit indisguishable from a similar unit played by the opponent
Mort
Novice

Postby csatrad » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 am

Mort wrote:Q: If the oponent have the same card as me, how do I know wich one is mine or wich one is theirs if I lost track of the game?

That isnt true in the case of cards that doesnt conquer. The area beneath the unit can be grey or red and makes the unit indisguishable from a similar unit played by the opponent

The problem already have a reasonable solution and is shown in the main post of this thread. But to make sure no furthure confusion occours here is that part again.
A: Units that belong to you gains 2 spining white lines around the card when selected. Regardless if they moved previerously or not. Since you are not able to select enemy units you will never see this selecting animation when you click on them.
csatrad
Disciple

Postby andybian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:22 am

How can i differentiate between common, uncommon and rare cards?
andybian
Follower

Postby Squirreli » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 am

andybian wrote:How can i differentiate between common, uncommon and rare cards?

By their prices in card store. 30 for common, 60 for uncommon and 125 for rare.
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women... That is best in life."
Squirreli
Visionary

Postby Blandine » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello all!

There's no difference between forfeiting and actually losing in terms of rating, right? Because seldom people will forfeit to me even in the face of certain defeat, and I was wondering why.
Blandine
Follower

Next

Return to New Players/FAQs