Hello - Introduce yourself here.

An area for new players, frequently asked questions, hints and tips.

Re: Hello - Introduce yourself here.

Postby dndfreak » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am

What's happenin', forum?

New to this game as of about today, long-time tcg fan and most recently former design team member on rival multiplatform tcg Shadow Era. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of this game in that the mechanics themselves have so much depth that half the cards themselves can be blank and yet there's STILL a good amount of concentration required. Bravo to the team behind this, and hello to all the familiar faces from SE. I've seen a few already :)
dndfreak
Follower

Postby Laura » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello Everyone!

Just downloaded the game today on my iPad and so far I love it. I've been playing TCG since 1994 M:TG in particular. Looking forward to see this game expand with content.
Laura
Follower

Postby Grahaminator » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Before I get started I just have to say I'm a big Houston Rockets fan!. I've been gamer ever since I remember, first playing Atari 2600 when I was a kid (before the NES came out). During high school some I played Rifts for a few years but mostly just stuck with MtG or FPS (LOTS of CounterStrike) and RPG console games. Every few years I play Magic then take long breaks. I had like 20 magic decks sleeved but dropped the box and never had the desire to put back together all of my Vinatage / Legacy decks. When I did play Magic I preferred control decks weather it was a blue base multi-color control or crippling Workshop decks so I naturally prefer Yellow and Blue in Cabals. I try and force myself to play the other colors, I find Red can be fun but Green is terribly boring.

From late 2004 to early 2008 I spent all my free time playing WoW, I did the whole raiding thing and PVP/Arena. I had over 2k rating on my toons but lost interest, the last time I think I really had fun pvping was in premades before TBC. If you were in the Vindication battlegroup or on my server Thunderhorn you may have known me as Belphegor (UD Mage) or Grahaminator (Tauren Druid). My PS3 has been pretty much just a blu ray player since I got a maltese puppy a little over a year ago and he requires alot of attention. The only games I play now are mobile card games like Cabals, Kard Combat, Ascension, and Fortunes of War (Android Dominion knockoff). Real card games are great as well like the aforementioned, Race for the Galaxy, and a heavily modified version of Cards Against Humanity. Party games like Rockband can be fun but its really just a fancy overlay for Whack-A-Mole. The mobile card games like Cabals (my new favorite of the mobile CCG genre) are great because I can easily split my attention with my tablet and my dog =D
Grahaminator

Postby hansjoerg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi there! Been playing for about two weeks now, decided to make myself a forum account today.

Been playing Magic: the Gathering for a few years, and recently I decided to check out some online CCGs. A friend of mine, who also plays MtG, mentioned this game. Good thing that he did, because this is clearly the best online-only CCG I've tried so far. I love the mechanics, the flavour (this whole esoteric/occult/alchemist/etc. thing is something you don't see everywhere) and the accessibility (meaning no silly super-ultra-mega-secret five star rares that you have no hope of ever getting).

So, for about two weeks now, I've been slowly climbing the ladder, trying to tune my Vril deck, and having a lot of fun in the process :)
hansjoerg
Follower

Postby lappakone » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Welcome everyone :D

To hansjoerg: Thanks for the compliments. It's nice to see a fellow Finn join the community. According to your location you must be lurking quite close to our Headquarters ( ;) ).
lappakone
Developer

Postby Stinicum » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Hey.

Started Friday 13th. So I started out with some bad luck ;) Tried my way through all decks, and stuck with blue. Mostly becasue of all the talk about the yellow being better. You always want to be the "underdog" :lol:
I'm new to card games over all. Seen them around but I've never played. Used to play all sorts of board games back in the day though.

Well, just wanted to say hi. And thanks for a great game, I'm really hooked.
See you out there.
Stinicum
Trooper

Postby MidniteOwl » Sun May 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi There,
Nice game you have here. Been playing and having fun with it. Still training, so will not probably play multi-player for a while. Hope to see you then.

Cheers!
MidniteOwl
Follower

Postby Mip » Mon May 07, 2012 7:40 am

hello,

welcome to the forum.

Bye
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby lappakone » Mon May 07, 2012 8:25 am

MidniteOwl wrote:Hi There,
Nice game you have here. Been playing and having fun with it. Still training, so will not probably play multi-player for a while. Hope to see you then.

Cheers!

Hi MidniteOwl and welcome to the forum!

In my opinion and according to stats, too many players are playing single player and "training" a lot. The AI however, is not very clever and is not even intended to be, so playing only against the bots won't improve your skill beyond the basics.

I encourage you to try multiplayer as soon as you are familiar with all the cards and basic game rules.

Cheers,
Juha
lappakone
Developer

Postby rpitcher53 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:39 am

<------- Newb!

Hope to be around lots :)
rpitcher53
Disciple

PreviousNext

Return to New Players/FAQs