*Tips* for new players

An area for new players, frequently asked questions, hints and tips.

Re: Tips for new players

Postby Mip » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 am

Let me say that for music, I prefer Abba's The winner takes it all.

I won't go in details on the rest.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby Void » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 am

Mip wrote:Let me say that for music, I prefer Abba's The winner takes it all.

I love that song too but I don't feel that it is triumphant enough. I think "The winner takes it all is good" when you have lost to a bad hands and loses 50 rating (8 games) a need to know how unfair the wolrd is.

The Queen's "we are the champions" and "We will Rock you" are both good too.
Void
King

Postby MikaRosendahl » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:04 pm

As wished for, made this sticky.
Cabals Founder and Card&Board game enthusiast.
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org

http://webchat.quakenet.org
Thread with more information about IRC channel
MikaRosendahl
Site Admin

Postby Buttonpants » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I guess newbies and casuals get a good deal of games of their own level. Perhaps the problem seems bigger to us than to them.

This is demonstrably false - I am level 5, played 3 games last night against players who are level 40-50, and atleast rating 1500+

I won one for the games, so I guess its not all bad, but still a little frustrating when you are first starting out.

The game also does a bad job at telling you that to get a the cards you want you will need to make heavy use of the 'swap card' button when you level up.... which also makes it hard on new players to get new cards to modify their deck.
Buttonpants
Disciple

Postby DeathAwaits » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Buttonpants wrote:
I guess newbies and casuals get a good deal of games of their own level. Perhaps the problem seems bigger to us than to them.

This is demonstrably false - I am level 5, played 3 games last night against players who are level 40-50, and atleast rating 1500+

I won one for the games, so I guess its not all bad, but still a little frustrating when you are first starting out.

The game also does a bad job at telling you that to get a the cards you want you will need to make heavy use of the 'swap card' button when you level up.... which also makes it hard on new players to get new cards to modify their deck.

Take advantage of tapjoy. For a halfhour and 4-5 dollars spread strategiccally u can easily get enough influence to get 3 copies of every card in a cabal as well as a large portion of its complimentary cabal.
"We can't stop here, this is bat country"
-Hunter S. Thompson
DeathAwaits
Agent

Postby Buttonpants » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm

What is tap joy?
Buttonpants
Disciple

Postby DeathAwaits » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Buttonpants wrote:What is tap joy?

The free influence offers. They are handled by tapjoy.
-Hunter S. Thompson
DeathAwaits
Agent

Postby Buttonpants » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 am

Ah, ya I will not be going to shady surveys and installing .exe for influence.

I have no problems giving the devs money (already put down 20$) - but i would prefer a more consistent/rewarding way of getting cards rather than buying boosters or random level up cards... to me it feels like I am being taken advantage of....
Buttonpants
Disciple

Postby DeathAwaits » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 am

Buttonpants wrote:Ah, ya I will not be going to shady surveys and installing .exe for influence.

I have no problems giving the devs money (already put down 20$) - but i would prefer a more consistent/rewarding way of getting cards rather than buying boosters or random level up cards... to me it feels like I am being taken advantage of....

Only buy a couple booaters and then just do the swaps. It is usually more efficient but be wary of trying real hard for a specific card. Its random.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy
-Hunter S. Thompson
DeathAwaits
Agent

Postby Buttonpants » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 am

Ya, I understand that now (after spending 20$) so there are 3 things wrong with this system:

1) Not explained very well for new players, so they are more likely to waste money since they dont know the efficient way to get things

2) Not very rewarding (or not my ideal way to purchase things) I have no problems spending money on a card, but dont make it random, charge X amount for it (hell that could be 5$ per rare, i dont care, as long as its consistent - and players can still have the option of getting it cheaper through luck in boosters/random level up)

3) No way to get rid of extra cards - basically you spend money trying to get cards you want, end up with a bunch of cards you CANT use (since you can only use up to 3 of 1 card) and there is nothing you can do with these extras, it really bugs me....
Buttonpants
Disciple

PreviousNext

Return to New Players/FAQs