*Tips* for new players

An area for new players, frequently asked questions, hints and tips.

Re: Tips for new players

Postby DeathAwaits » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 am

Buttonpants wrote:Ya, I understand that now (after spending 20$) so there are 3 things wrong with this system:

1) Not explained very well for new players, so they are more likely to waste money since they dont know the efficient way to get things

2) Not very rewarding (or not my ideal way to purchase things) I have no problems spending money on a card, but dont make it random, charge X amount for it (hell that could be 5$ per rare, i dont care, as long as its consistent - and players can still have the option of getting it cheaper through luck in boosters/random level up)

3) No way to get rid of extra cards - basically you spend money trying to get cards you want, end up with a bunch of cards you CANT use (since you can only use up to 3 of 1 card) and there is nothing you can do with these extras, it really bugs me....

All valid points. Still cheaper then most gaming experiences though.
"We can't stop here, this is bat country"
-Hunter S. Thompson
DeathAwaits
Agent

Postby MagicSausage » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 am

Buttonpants wrote:Ya, I understand that now (after spending 20$) so there are 3 things wrong with this system:

1) Not explained very well for new players, so they are more likely to waste money since they dont know the efficient way to get things

2) Not very rewarding (or not my ideal way to purchase things) I have no problems spending money on a card, but dont make it random, charge X amount for it (hell that could be 5$ per rare, i dont care, as long as its consistent - and players can still have the option of getting it cheaper through luck in boosters/random level up)

3) No way to get rid of extra cards - basically you spend money trying to get cards you want, end up with a bunch of cards you CANT use (since you can only use up to 3 of 1 card) and there is nothing you can do with these extras, it really bugs me....

All these points have been beaten to death, resurrected, then beaten to death again.

Word is they are working on the trading system so we can sell the extras. As for getting cards randomly, there seems to be the path they chose to go with.
MagicSausage
Veteran

Postby Buttonpants » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 am

I dont know about it being cheaper than most gaming experiences.... considering how many free to play games there are on PC that dont require any cash investment, and all those free apps or at least cheap apps on the Android market...

Like I said, I am not adverse to spending money (in-fact I will go out of my way to give developers money when they put out a good game - as was the case here - I dont regret spending that 20$, just wish I was a little more informed and would have used those influence points more wisely...) I just take issue with how un-customer friendly obtaining the cards you want is.

And just to be clear (as it seems like you are trying to jump to this game's defense) - I really enjoy the game, it melds deck building and turn-based strategy very well, the mechanics are elegant (they are simple in function, while providing a lot of depth).

Also, how much money are the developers expecting an average person to drop on a flash/iOS game? in my opinion 20$ should unlock all the base cards, and each expansion should be unlocked for 5-10$ (and even that is me being generous)
Buttonpants
Disciple

Postby Buttonpants » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:08 am

MagicSausage wrote:
All these points have been beaten to death, resurrected, then beaten to death again.

Word is they are working on the trading system so we can sell the extras. As for getting cards randomly, there seems to be the path they chose to go with.

Yes, I brought it up because this was in the new player thread where I was criticizing the system not being explained well for new players.

As for having a topic beat to death, it might be annoying to see over and over, but in another thread the developers were saying they are focusing on achievements and "quests" because that's what was voted on in a Facebook poll. It would be a small price to pay to have to see a few redundant posts if it gives the developers an incentive to work on the issues that matter to people.
Buttonpants
Disciple

Postby MagicSausage » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 am

Buttonpants wrote:
MagicSausage wrote:

Yes, I brought it up because this was in the new player thread where I was criticizing the system not being explained well for new players.

As for having a topic beat to death, it might be annoying to see over and over, but in another thread the developers were saying they are focusing on achievements and "quests" because that's what was voted on in a Facebook poll. It would be a small price to pay to have to see a few redundant posts if it gives the developers an incentive to work on the issues that matter to people.

1) it's not annoying to me. I'm **** about it as much as you.
2) this REALLY has been brought up a lot of time, certainly more than a few redundant posts, and it does not seem like they are changing their minds at all.
MagicSausage
Veteran

Postby DeathAwaits » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 am

What i meant by cheap was compared to console games. As for free pc games u still need to buy a pc. And most mobile games, though cheap, suck.

@offtopic @magicsausage: i was really bummed i timed out. I had another egg+bear combo in my hand. I know how much u love bears :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
DeathAwaits
Agent

Postby Void » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm

MagicSausage wrote:

After Mika poste half a year ago that the LC bug was priority because people didn't complain about, I belive that we should keep beat this topic to death until they do something.

DeathAwaits wrote:All valid points. Still cheaper then most gaming experiences though.

But it used to be super cheap and that was awesome.
Void
King

Postby tatterdemalion » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:53 pm

MagicSausage wrote:2) this REALLY has been brought up a lot of time, certainly more than a few redundant posts, and it does not seem like they are changing their minds at all.

But it certain won't change unless we keep on banging on about it.

In particular I think it's important to listen to what new players say about this kind of thing because honestly we need fresh blood like the cast of Twilight.
tatterdemalion
Veteran

Postby MagicSausage » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 pm

tatterdemalion wrote:
MagicSausage wrote:2) this REALLY has been brought up a lot of time, certainly more than a few redundant posts, and it does not seem like they are changing their minds at all.

But it certain won't change unless we keep on banging on about it..

you can keep banging on about it, but whether it will change or not none of us knows. Keep in mind Cabals is a game to us, but to KYY is a business. I've worked in enough companies to know how businesses handle "sound suggestions". In the end it's the $$$ that talks. Yes I do know the argument that if players leave the game will fail blah blah, but until there is a better game out there (and there may as well be later this year), we will continue to play the game and troll the forum.
MagicSausage
Veteran

Postby DeathAwaits » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm

MagicSausage wrote:
tatterdemalion wrote:

But it certain won't change unless we keep on banging on about it..

you can keep banging on about it, but whether it will change or not none of us knows. Keep in mind Cabals is a game to us, but to KYY is a business. I've worked in enough companies to know how businesses handle "sound suggestions". In the end it's the $$$ that talks. Yes I do know the argument that if players leave the game will fail blah blah, but until there is a better game out there (and there may as well be later this year), we will continue to play the game and troll the forum.

Bingo. Believe it or not the families of kyygames dont subsist on our golden stamp of approval.

Trolololololol

tatterdemalion wrote:…we need fresh blood like the cast of Twilight.

Thats funny as hell
-Hunter S. Thompson
DeathAwaits
Agent

Previous

Return to New Players/FAQs