Questions from a new player

An area for new players, frequently asked questions, hints and tips.

Re: Questions from a new player

Postby Mip » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

You can add a referral code from someone else once, you get a free hero. He also gets something, not sure what.

Free influence can be obtained in the influence menu from the influence menu in store by watching ads, at least on android, not sure about iOS?
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby MaxisZ » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:02 am

What is best influence strategy: by all decks and heroes ore by boosters for starting deck and make separate accounts for other alliances ?
MaxisZ
Novice

Cabals IGN: MaxisZ
CabalsCode: ECZ44WH

Postby Sdric » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 am

Focus on getting all basic cards you need with the cabal of your choice, then continue with other cabals. Once this game releases on Steam you can play modern modes and need no elites anymore.
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby MaxisZ » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 am

Well this is a direct way for separate accounts since impossible to get all fraction cards without large investments.
MaxisZ
Novice

Postby Effe » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:30 am

The point is in how you want to play the game and how long.
Do you want to have a strong deck and get on leaderboard every single week? Choose an alliance an stick with it till the very end, investing in booster but saving at least 200 inf for level rewards.
Maybe you want to get a complete collection and try different kind of decks. In that case buy starter decks, choose an Alliance among others as your main for boosters, keep saving some Inf for level rewards but stop rerolling when you get a card you still don't have in triple copy. This way you'll keep your whole collection growing while getting your main deck slowly Elite-ing.
The second is sure the longest route to take, but Cabals is a game and I think the second way (which I personally took) is the funniest and the one that keeps you enjoying the game more.
Anyway it's your choice and your plan that matters, not others.
Effe
Veteran

Cabals IGN: Effe
CabalsCode: KQCRDED

Postby Effe » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:32 am

And what's more, I didn't buy more than 200 Inf and I spent less than a year to get a complete collection playing Zahir as main and enjoying all other heroes from time to time.
I really think you get a grasp of the whole game only by playing all possible decks, but you need a lot of time to achieve this result. Time is what you really need to invest to get real results IMHO
Effe
Veteran

Postby MaxisZ » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Effe wrote:Do you want to have a strong deck and get on leaderboard every single week? Choose an alliance an stick with it till the very end, investing in booster but saving at least 200 inf for level rewards.
Maybe you want to get a complete collection and try different kind of decks. In that case buy starter decks, choose an Alliance among others as your main for boosters, keep saving some Inf for level rewards but stop rerolling when you get a card you still don't have in triple copy. This way you'll keep your whole collection growing while getting your main deck slowly Elite-ing.

Thanks I think I caught the point.
At lvl 22 with starter green deck and free influence I reached 1500+ raiting. Then I began to meet regularly 1700+ raiting players. So my raiting will drop to ~1300 with long loose streak or I force to maximize my green card pool for enhance and play modern games without my ipad.
Investments in all cards will not give me profit since I cant collect even full green card pool.
Probably the best strategy is three accounts for Primal, Dominion and Nether. So each account will have some competitive potential. And the bad side - it will take three times longer dailys.
Sad that something is broken here :(
MaxisZ
Novice

Postby Effe » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't feel like something is broken. I won't expect excellence splitting my efforts in two or three things at the same time. Play Primal if you want a 1800+ rating faster but many old players wait for you at 1700+, you are growing fast so be aware you will face them.
On the other hand you can't have both rating and fun from all Alliances.
I repeat myself, nothing is broken. You just have to choose
Effe
Veteran

Postby Sdric » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Effe wrote:I don't feel like something is broken. I won't expect excellence splitting my efforts in two or three things at the same time. Play Primal if you want a 1800+ rating faster but many old players wait for you at 1700+, you are growing fast so be aware you will face them.
On the other hand you can't have both rating and fun from all Alliances.
I repeat myself, nothing is broken. You just have to choose

As I mentioned earlier - when I started playing Cabals, being 3 days into the game I was facing Mip (as well as other top 20 cabalist players) who had been here for 4 1/2 years at that point.

I don't think matches like that should happen.
You can make a player who's brand new face somebody who's been playing for more than 4 years. Especially not in Classic mode with elites.

At least for me (who's the one with the big collection and experience now) it's not fun to be matches against completely new players, neither is it for them - it's driving away new players and hurting the community.
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby Effe » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:37 pm

The matchmaking is going to be fixed someway, maybe thanks to larger player base, maybe thanks to devs.
What's the point is a growth strategy of personal collection and skills and what to invest into.
Effe
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to New Players/FAQs