Questions from a new player

An area for new players, frequently asked questions, hints and tips.

Re: Questions from a new player

Postby Cielo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 pm

lillumultipass wrote:I play both Solforge and HS but I am a bit dissatisfied by both, hence I am looking for others. That's how I discovered cabals.

Hi lillumultipass, welcome!

I'll just say something else since people already answered your questions above.

I played Cabals before both HS and Solforge. I just tried HS and played a few Arena games and then I've been afk. Later I found Solforge but I just collected daily reward. I didn't play ladder/draft except GLWW. :lol:
Cabals is quite different from them. It's more like chess than card games.
Don't read this signature.
Cielo
Veteran

Postby lillumultipass » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Cielo wrote:
lillumultipass wrote:I play both Solforge and HS but I am a bit dissatisfied by both, hence I am looking for others. That's how I discovered cabals.

Hi lillumultipass, welcome!

I'll just say something else since people already answered your questions above.

I played Cabals before both HS and Solforge. I just tried HS and played a few Arena games and then I've been afk. Later I found Solforge but I just collected daily reward. I didn't play ladder/draft except GLWW. :lol:
Cabals is quite different from them. It's more like chess than card games.

Hi Cielo,

Thanks for your answer. I am happy to here that (and that's what drove me to Cabals in the first place) because I have played quite a bit of chess when I was younger. Hence, you reassure me a bit!

However, what the others are saying do not..above all if the cabal that would seem to fit my playstyle better (i.e., Vahir) is supposed to be hard to win with...

What are the devs saying about this imbalance?
lillumultipass
Follower

Postby Mip » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Cards have been changed in the past to make them better or worse, I don't believe there's a current dev opinion on balance in this version (yet?).
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby flurgx » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Hey new guy, and welcome!

I'm playing this game since 14 month now, before I played only mtg and those other crappy mobile games that keep you busy for maybe 1-2 days..

Guess you'll find your way and your cabal.. You can still open account after account if you feel like you chose the wrong one.. But in matter of balance there is no wrong..

Gotta go, cya
flurgx
Veteran

Cabals IGN: flurgx

Postby lillumultipass » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Ok, thanks to all for your answers!

I have to admit though that I have mixed feelings about getting deeped into Cabals. It's just that there are so many CCGs out there...I have just discovered Duelyst as well (which looks very interesting as a cross between a game like Hero Academy and a CCG), Earthcore...the competition is tough, and my time is limited.
Well, I guess I will have to see by myself...
lillumultipass
Follower

Postby NewPlayer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey guys .

Can we create a guild in this game and how can we join other guilds?
Can anyone explain it to me in detail.
NewPlayer
Follower

Cabals IGN: New.Player
CabalsCode: APV9WBA

Postby dougsymon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 am

Hello Illumultipass and NewPlayer. Welcome to the Cabals Community!

Sorry for not responding earlier. It seems the posts got missed just as holiday started. Anyway, back now and my role at Kyy is mainly helping all of you where possible, being involved in the community and passing your feedback onto the development team.

So, how has it been going? Have you found the cabal for you and what have your experiences been? We appreciate all feedback and are always aiming to improve the game. Do you prefer to be playing games on mobile or desktop? One aspect that is being worked on is improving the desktop experience of Cabals and we are aiming to bring the game to Steam in that way. As others have said we are always working to improve Cabals and update as soon as possible.

Kicek had an excellent tip which was to go into offline mode (disconnect your device) and play single player. That allows you to try the 4 starter decks, that can be chosen for free when you start, to help you learn the game and see which you like best. Also a tip, I shouldn't tell you ;), is that if you decided you would like Dragon or Osiris it is possible to sell all your cards in My Collection and purchase one of their starters with the Influence you gain.

There are lots of opinions on the balance of the game, and as the bridge between the community and development team I can say there isn't a right or wrong answer. Cabals is a game with great depth. There are 15 heroes, 6 cabals and 3 alliances between those cabals. Additionally there are 14 neutral cards. This brings many different ways to approach and play the game. Many discussions on balance get mixed up because some discuss the strongest hero, some cabals and others alliances. This cross over between discussing cabals and alliances can already been seen in this thread (especially confused by calling them cabals). Also many have a different opinion dependent on the cabal they themselves prefer to play. Our development team look carefully at statistics and use those to come to decisions with regards to ensuring the balance of the game.

Although I'm unable to reveal those statistics I can tell you about what happened in Insurgence Wars. The event we had recently to release new cards with Cabals 4.0. It also gives you an example of the discrepancy of cabal v alliance when discussing balance. In Insurgence Wars different cabals went head to head in a global competition. The cabal that came out with the highest win percentage was Dragon Enclave with the Order of Zahir in second place. In this thread it's been said Dominion is weakest. The Order of Zahir is, however, one of the two cabals in the Dominion alliance.

Hopefully that makes the point I was hoping to and we look forward to discussing the game with you more here in the Cabals Community - that's no doubt a great way to get advice on your deck and so on.

As for guilds, in response to NewPlayer. We trialed a way to have guilds in beta a while back but unfortunately that is not currently being maintained. Hopefully something can be done in the future to address this and we'll be sure to let you know should it be possible to do so. Of course it is possible to add letters to the start of your username to signify your own guild with other players ;)

Enjoy playing Cabals everyone!
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Postby MaxisZ » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Does Cabals provide some influence for registration from ipad?
(I think I saw this message in the game)
MaxisZ
Novice

Cabals IGN: MaxisZ
CabalsCode: ECZ44WH

Postby Sdric » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm not sure about that, but you can watch adds on the mobile for free influence.
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby MaxisZ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Please explaine how referral and free effluence works?
MaxisZ
Novice

Cabals IGN: MaxisZ
CabalsCode: ECZ44WH

PreviousNext

Return to New Players/FAQs