Join us at the table - introduce yourself!

General Cabals: The Board Game discussion

Join us at the table - introduce yourself!

Postby dougsymon » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 am

I know we already have a thread on the Community Forum to introduce yourself but most there have joined to play the digital game Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards.

Now As we begin to sit around the table with family, friends, colleges and even complete strangers we'd like to get to know everyone who's interested in Cabals: The Board Game. Let us know who you are, your thoughts on the board game and what you're most excited about. Have you been one of the lucky winners of prototype cards or been at an event where you could try the board game? No doubt everyone would love to hear your thoughts.

Oh and one more thing, we will select the person with the most interesting introduction to receive some prototype cards as a prize!
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Re: Join us at the table - introduce yourself!

Postby dougsymon » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:09 am

So to start us off...

Most here probably already know who I am but basically I work for Kyy Games on areas like Social Media and Customer Support. Originally from England, now living in Finland, other interests include things like sports and of course I've always enjoyed playing games.

As one of the lucky people to have been able to play Cabals: The Board Game I can't wait for the game to be produced and take it home to beat the family :lol: My job covers a lot of areas and of course I've wanted to be involved in the Kickstarter campaign and have helped with it as much as I can.

That's also highlighted the areas I'm most looking forward to and coming from the digital game they turn out to be certain aspects that are different. Namely, having all the cards to begin with so I can unrestrictedly choose the deck I'd like and then playing only the battlegrounds I enjoy. Love the card design too. Overall it will be enjoyable to make more of a spectacle of Cabals by assembling the battleground on the table and sharing the experience with the others there.
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Postby plasticbrain » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:52 am

interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interestIng interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting
HELLO MY NAME IS PLASTICBRAIN I AM FAN OF... GAME
I WANT CABALS ON PAPER IN MY... HOME
THIS INTRODUCTION HAS MOST 'INTERESTING'... THEME
BUT PLASTICBRAIN IS NOT GOOD WITH... RHYME
interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interesting interestinginteresting interesting interesting interesting
plasticbrain
Follower

Postby swadhinparida555 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:26 am

My self swadhin parida from india.well this game is my favourite game i used to play yu gi oh and vangurd but they need more luck at first this game sucks to me but after getting necessary cards i m so much addictated towards this.

Let come to the point i won a prototype card before but i exchange it with mip because i think i cant buy the table top untill i get a job.There are two profit while playing table top first of all it will become bug free so no time out or lost connection and the second for those who hate lungsed as far i know in table top version there is no such things like conquring neutral tile so its better then virtual version.and also want to know in table top r there any elite card present or not.

Thank you guys

Sent from my HTC Desire 526GPLUS dual sim using Tapatalk
swadhinparida555
Visionary

Postby Stepfordhusband » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi.
I've been playing (less conventional) board get for around thirty years - second edition Talisman was my way in, and I've not looked back.
I've been enjoying the digital version of Cabals for a while, and I'm really intrigued to see how it pans out as a table top game. I was gutted that the first KS campaign didn't come to fruition, so hopefully this one will.
As a father of two great kids, I've recently started playing my favourite games with my family. I can't wait to give Cabals a test run with them!
Stepfordhusband
Follower

Cabals IGN: Louisnoble

Postby SuburbanCelestia » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Greetings.

I just wanted to tell you that I was big fan of your board game at Ropecon and at that day I swore myself to get a copy of your game when it is released. I think that the biggest problem to your Kickstarter campaign was that not many people were willing to put money on a growdfunding project. I think in Finland many gamers would be pleased to help you to make your goals true.

I don't know how hard is it to make Alpha versions of the board game and send them as ordered purchases, but I think that if you truly want this game to have some foot in market that would be best thing to do. If I were to sell a board game with little money in pockets I would make a 10 - 15 copies first and then sell them as Aplha copies of the game to my own local game store. Then I would ask them politely if with little aggrement told you how much they sold and if customers asked for more. Then if I get more money I would make more copies and so on.

But what do I know.

I hope you best of luck to make this excellent game reality.
~ Subu
SuburbanCelestia
Follower

Return to General Discussion (Tabletop)