[Official] Cabals: The Board Game (Kickstarter)

General Cabals: The Board Game discussion

Re: [Official] Cabals: The Board Game (Kickstarter)

Postby dougsymon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 am

Good feedback uvbar, thank you for the suggestions and encouraging words. The late reviews were unfortunately due to an unplanned/unexpected delay with the prototypes.
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Postby uvbar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:18 am

That comes back to the same issue, you started the campaign without having the needed assets... the videos and the prototypes
The meaning is to find meaning
uvbar
Disciple

Cabals IGN: sheepwreck
CabalsCode: LNNRDRG

Postby uvbar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:21 am

I'm sorry if I sound a bit crude, but I'm sure that with a good campaign, this game can be a major hit, it has a starting point no other boardgame has, and you need to play on that.
I really hope this game has a third time go
uvbar
Disciple

Postby dougsymon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 am

uvbar wrote:That comes back to the same issue, you started the campaign without having the needed assets... the videos and the prototypes

Yep :) Have already realised ourselves it was a mistake to launch on schedule.
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org

dougsymon
Site Admin

Postby Imperio » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:35 pm

In my opinion to have more backers and rise more money you simply need more fans/followers=players, I believe is quite difficult to have people who doesn't know anything about the game to decide to pay 40 dollars, what you could do is improve and promote more the digital game that's your best chance to get more players who like the game and would like to have the phisical version.

You can contact some big gaming youtubers in the strategy game niche like Total Biscuit who talk about Heartstone among others and ask them to cast a tournament of Cabals together with one of you. In this way you will have many thousands people to watch and learn about this game and tons of new players.

One more thing is of course to fix major bugs and balance the cards because this can be the first reason why people decide not to spend money on the game and eventually stop playing, people want to feel safe and stable before to invest in the game
Imperio
Novice

Cabals IGN: Imperio

Postby uvbar » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:39 pm

And cats, cats also sell
uvbar
Disciple

Postby jeronmus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 pm

I am so sorry that it did not go through!

Cabals is one of my all time favorite games. The milieau, art, lore/backstories has a rare quality that makes the digital game classic already. Also it's mechanics and pace is very well balanced. I surely wish you get to run third time on funding. Quality is not the problem as you know very well, but the game is not known widely enough. I think rich Cabals world could benefit from wider spectrum of franchicing and game concepts to get attention from different demographic groups. Kyy Games already has experience for more casual mobile games for example. I would be delighted to explore Cabals world also in casual RPG for example... The classic digital trading card game would be at the more serious end of scale. If only it would be possible to one day find Cabals on Steam, there it would outshine many other games of similar genres and get some deserved hype...

I feel that there are already many aspects of a hit in Cabals (both digital and tabletop), I think it just needs a critical mass of supporters and attention to get rolling.

If there will be 3rd run for funding the tabletop boardgame, I will again contribute without hesitation!
jeronmus
Follower

Postby dougsymon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 am

Thank you all for the kind words and suggestions.

Jeronmus, we hope to bring Cabals to Steam one day :) Please join our group on steam.
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org

dougsymon
Site Admin

Postby uvbar » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:57 pm

Well, a year past and i, as i'm sure more players who like the game a lot, wished it was here... any chance for a third time's the charm? and if not, maybe a Print to Play version?
uvbar
Disciple

Postby dougsymon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi uvbar,

Thank you for the post. Although it's certainly possible we would try Kickstarter or other crowdfunding again it is unlikely to happen right now. We are concentrating on the digital version of the game and wouldn't be able to dedicate what is required for another campaign. Maybe that situation will change next year or an interested publisher would want to take Cabals on. We haven't given up hope so perhaps Lamp of Illumination will grant your wish one day.

Print to play version was planned as a reward for backers on the Kickstarter but again that required backing to make it available. So it's definitely something we had in mind, so you never know!

Sorry to not have the answer we'd like to give you and will just have to enjoy the digital version for now. Btw feel free to PM me if you would like beta access to the Steam version of the game. We'd be happy to reward your interest and support with a Key to the game.
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org

dougsymon
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion (Tabletop)