Does anyone at all use Astrologer?

Discuss cards here.

Does anyone at all use Astrologer?

Postby badgersbones » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:02 pm

This card's ability seems pointless. Milling your deck's top card into your graveyard and gaining the card's loyalty cost sounds like a decent boost (if playing Elder, Ong, or Ming), but, in reality, you only gain the undiscounted loyalty!

So, for example, if playing Ong, and card's loyalty when turned over is at least one point less due to Ong's Hero ability.

If u have even a single unit in play, it is unlikely to gain anything bc loyalty is discounted even more. I'm not certain, but I think Astrologer may even count itself as a unit in play for purpose of its own ability, bc every time I have played thus unit using Elder, the bonus was zero!

So Astrologer seems like a really expensive way to put 1 card into your graveyard!
Add my Cabalscode:YQK2BXL to your Shop Gift Code for a FREE HERO!
badgersbones
Baron

Cabals IGN: COW.badgersbones
CabalsCode: YQK2BXL

Re: Does anyone at all use Astrologer?

Postby Saboteur » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:19 pm

Hmm discarded non elite embalmer, copy with rakshasha.. ok nobody will use it anyway
Lets make Cabals great again! We must build a wall to protects all the newbies
Saboteur
Veteran

Postby badgersbones » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:44 am

Ehhh last I checked, rakshasa only copieds from opponents discard pile, not your own! Lol
Add my Cabalscode:YQK2BXL to your Shop Gift Code for a FREE HERO!
badgersbones
Baron

Cabals IGN: COW.badgersbones
CabalsCode: YQK2BXL

Postby Saboteur » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 am

badgersbones wrote:Ehhh last I checked, rakshasa only copieds from opponents discard pile, not your own! Lol

Lol
Lets make Cabals great again! We must build a wall to protects all the newbies
Saboteur
Veteran

Postby 210 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:24 am

At first I thought you are talking about astronomer, I read the post like 3 times and thinking tf. Yes, his ability should be original loyalty cost, maybe it was overlooked
Visionary

Cabals IGN: Rastafari.hs

Postby Xorcist » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Astrologer is very limited. It's not going to get you back into the running if you are behind in domination. It's really more of a tie breaker. It would be one thing if you knew how many points you'd get, like using the discard pile instead of the deck. But not knowing how many points you will get, or what card you'd be throwing away, makes the card less attractive. I only even use it near the end of a match to jump ahead just enough to win, but the matches have to be super close to even warrant it's use. I mean sure, you could theoretically get up to 9 domination points playing three Astrologers back to back, if you are super lucky, but who is even going to keep three of them in their deck...

P.S. wait, was it confirmed that Astrologer generates domination points from original loyalty cost of the discarded card? If it's the current loyalty cost then this card is worthless as is and needs a nerf.
Evil Genius?!?!?
Xorcist
Novice

Cabals IGN: Xorcist

Return to Card Discussion