What the heck happened?!?!? (Steam Early Access)

General Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards discussion.

What the heck happened?!?!? (Steam Early Access)

Postby Xorcist » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am

So yesterday I upgraded my client on Android and iOS and whamo...

1. My collections are showing +0 for how much they are worth (yeah, pretty meaningless overall, but I used to use that value to determine which cabal I would buy my next booster for).
2. Individual cards now also show +0 for what their trade in value is (does this mean selling cards back now nets you nothing? I regularly sold back duplicates for like +2 influence here and there).
3. Purchasing influence with real money no longer works on Android (the section just does not load up, hanging on "Downloading products"), iOS seems to work though.

So is this the "New" Cabals?

I mean #2 is HUGE for me... since I have so many cards (nearing complete sets of 3 regular and 3 elite for each card for every cabal) I regularly get 90-100%of duplicates out of a booster (and 99% of the time for the one given for a daily quest). So what am I supposed to do with them now? not like I can trade them to other players for cards I do need... and now I won't even get a measly +2 influence for each card I want to sell back.

UPDATE #1

4. No more experience or leveling?!?!?! AAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! Not cause any of that mattered, but now no more card unlocks upon reaching a new level! Come ON! That was an awesome incentive to keep playing.

UPDATE #2

5. Daily challenge to win 3 with a given hero FAILED!!! on completion... no more free card!!!
6. No more friends?!?!? or chat?!?!? (not that it ever worked, but really...)
7. AI players no longer seem to exist... because there is nothing more fun than sitting at a searching screen forever. There is a reason competitive games have friends, lobbies, chat, etc. Hell fighting games like Street Fighter have an online arcade mode to keep the player engaged while waiting for a challenger. That was something I loved about Cabals, the AI players kept me around until a human player came along, but now...

I kinda feared this game was already on it’s last leg, and this update feels like it came along to break that leg...

UPDATE #3

8. Does opponent timeout no longer work? I just played a round with a user who clearly rage quit, and the game won't time out and award me the win...

Did these mobile clients not go through a proper QA process?

UPDATE #4

9. Selling cards back on iOS hangs on “Processing...” and never completes forcing a hard reset of the game.

Come on guys this is just unacceptable!
Last edited by Xorcist on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evil Genius?!?!?
Xorcist
Novice

Cabals IGN: Xorcist

Re: What the heck happened?!?!? (Steam Early Access)

Postby joukosalminen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:56 am

Hey Xorcist,

first of all thanks your feedback. We're working on fixes at the moment.

Answering some of your points:

- Problems with the Quests and editing the Decks are being investigated and will be fixed as soon as possible.

- The value of the cards showing as 0 is a known bug and is being fixed.

- When selling cards, even though it says "0 Influence", you will actually get the proper amount added, which is +2 for Common, +4 for Uncommon and +8 for Rare.

Again, thanks for your feedback.
joukosalminen
Secret Agent

Postby gerulf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 am

joukosalminen wrote:Hey Xorcist,

- Problems with the Quests and editing the Decks are being investigated and will be fixed as soon as possible.

- When selling cards, even though it says "0 Influence", you will actually get the proper amount added, which is +2 for Common, +4 for Uncommon and +8 for Rare.

hmmm... As it seems to me there no need to fix these problems becase if not to develop new cards/spells/heroes and other stuff the game will dead. It is almost dead . Almost no one play it.
gerulf
Trooper

Postby Effe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:56 pm

The day Cabals has been launched on Steam has finally come, so no problem if something is going wrong for me.
I hope there will be reasons to fix all problems
Effe
Veteran

Cabals IGN: Effe
CabalsCode: KQCRDED

Postby Pereira » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 am

Jouko...
In saying this I hope u didn't implicitly say that the friend sheet will be delayed. But more:
We explicitly give You Kyy guys a lot of reason to avoid the 5 booster format. It's not a deal neither for players nor for the game. at least I think we must have the opportunity to buy also the 10 card pack (make it 160 influence). Otherwise when u reach a middle phase in the game u finally stuck with card collection and generally of course it require loooot more time(or money) to achieve some rare elite.I think that after all the discussion about the 5 booster, simply ignoring all the data and concerns of community it's a clear sign. In the end, I think that this business model will make cabals to go even down.
Pereira
Trooper

CabalsCode: JDAU4YU

Postby GoodlookingGamer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:27 am

What is up with the new booster pack? What are the rates of the different rarities? The information given is that we should be getting at least 1 rare per booster, but I have yet to receive a single rare from multiple packs. Can we get an influence refund for this issue?
GoodlookingGamer
Follower

Cabals IGN: GoodlookingGamer

Postby gerulf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:45 pm

GoodlookingGamer wrote:What is up with the new booster pack? What are the rates of the different rarities? The information given is that we should be getting at least 1 rare per booster, but I have yet to receive a single rare from multiple packs. Can we get an influence refund for this issue?

Yeeeees... Kyy wtf is going on?! Can you explain all these fuск1ng sнееt?
gerulf
Trooper

Postby joukosalminen » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:19 am

GoodlookingGamer wrote:What is up with the new booster pack? What are the rates of the different rarities? The information given is that we should be getting at least 1 rare per booster, but I have yet to receive a single rare from multiple packs. Can we get an influence refund for this issue?

That's a bug with the text in the mobile version. It's meant to be a guaranteed Uncommon card, not Rare.
joukosalminen
Secret Agent

Postby GoodlookingGamer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 am

joukosalminen wrote:

That's a bug with the text in the mobile version. It's meant to be a guaranteed Uncommon card, not Rare.

Noted, thanks for clarifying. Are you able to tell us the drop rates of the uncommon and rare cards? E.g. 1/3 for uncommon, 1/10 for rare or something.
GoodlookingGamer
Follower

Cabals IGN: GoodlookingGamer

Postby mjkoekemoer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:56 am

When I try to sell cards the app simply hangs and I have to close it manually. In other words I cannot sell cards since the update. Hero specific daily rewards always ends in "failed" so I'm not getting those anymore.
mjkoekemoer
Follower

Cabals IGN: wussy

Next

Return to General Discussion (Digital)