Doppleganger - Unintended Consequence or Bug?

Help us track and kill bugs.

Doppleganger - Unintended Consequence or Bug?

Postby cashless » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 am

Just played a game tonight against 210. I had control for quite a bit of time, while he was hammering away with large units. The dust settled near the end of the game and the following happened.

Turn 12(made up number): Doppleganger moved next to my stronghold. Carve the Skin applied. Doppleganger now has 6 power, slow attack. I've done nothing else to it, and neither has he.
Turn 13: I only had two cards, but fortunately I have a magician on the field and a "trump card," or so I thought. I bring back a Bramin Engineer into my hand (after getting the resources of course) and start my last defense. I had 55 dominance points. Then I make a mistake, but the game lets me get away with it.
- Underworld Charger, activated it's power (4 power, fast attack, does not conquer), and attacked Doppleganger. -4 Power!
- Bramin Engineer attacks, takes no damage and the threat is gone!

"Why did my Doppleganger not get fast attack?" 210 asks?!?

Oh, you're right. (I just made a "rookie mistake)
I don't know, that's weird. Must be because of the Slow attack, the game thought it already got a power?

Reading the card, it should have added both the fast attack and the does not conquer, which means I would have been able to still win based on the control I had. (I figured that out a few minutes later) But while I can add Carve the Skin to Void and not mess up it's ability, it appears Doppleganger may have it's ability taken away by this effect. Makes me wonder what else neutralizes it.

I understand the likely problem. Doppleganger can't keep taking abilities (like the show Heroes in the US) from every card I'm guessing, it's just supposed to take the first one. But in this situation it should still be able to take the ability that I was gifting my opponent, and instead he got shafted. Until I/we figured out I was still going to accidentally win due to the does not conquer part...if that additional piece came along with.
cashless
Visionary

Cabals IGN: cashless.hero
CabalsCode: PPS4PSL

Re: Doppleganger - Unintended Consequence or Bug?

Postby Sdric » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:09 am

Doppelganger only gets the ability if it itself attacks.
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby cashless » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Ahh, of course. Thank you. I don't really use it.
cashless
Visionary

Cabals IGN: cashless.hero
CabalsCode: PPS4PSL

Postby 210 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:23 am

Yes I remember situation. I was confused too but after few days realised ability is trigered only if dopelganger itself attacks (which is different than from before update)
Visionary

Cabals IGN: Rastafari.hs

Postby badgersbones » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:45 am

Interesting note: the doppleganger ability activates at the START of combat. I had a situation where the additional bonus of gnome hero that i was attacking was the only reason my doppler won the fight!
Add my Cabalscode:YQK2BXL to your Shop Gift Code for a FREE HERO!
badgersbones
Baron

Cabals IGN: COW.badgersbones
CabalsCode: YQK2BXL

Return to Bug Reports