Online Match: Leningrad

Discuss about battlegrounds here.

Re: Map: Crater

Postby Mip » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 am

Using Psychic lapse to move past the stronghold and capture an unoccupied resource is also very nice. Making every tile a tile that gives a dom point would really make magic pigs useful.

Perhaps just a tile which only gives a single dom point would be okay too in the centre. Wouldn't want to have a +2 dom point tile occupied by homunculus. Too bad the stronghold already has the castle sign which is the same as the dom points.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby khunkwai » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:29 pm

This is one of my favourite maps, I wouldn't change a thing. It's small enough that you're in the face of your opponent very quickly and taking one resource can have a big impact. I've seen many a blood bath over those +1 resources rather than the stronghold space.
khunkwai
Visionary

Postby Mip » Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

Three suggestions for change:

Option 1:
:em: :em: :r1: :em: :em:
:em: :op: :ti: :ti: :em:
:r1: :ti: :r1: :ti: :r1:
:em: :ti: :ti: :pl: :em:
:em: :em: :r1: :em: :em:

Option 2:
:em: :ti: :r1: :ti: :em:
:ti: :op: :ti: :ti: :ti:
:r1: :ti: :ti: :ti: :r1:
:ti: :ti: :ti: :pl: :ti:

Or option 3

Since the deck seems very yellow favored with their homunculus. Blue and green also have dom points producers in the wealthy landowner or the underworld spy, but due to metagame and other maps are rarely used. I've frequently heard complaints about the map, what do people think of these 3 options? Or do you like the original better? Or none at all?
Mip

Postby Grahaminator » Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Mip wrote:Or option 3

Since the deck seems very yellow favored with their homunculus. Blue and green also have dom points producers in the wealthy landowner or the underworld spy, but due to metagame and other maps are rarely used. I've frequently heard complaints about the map, what do people think of these 3 options? Or do you like the original better? Or none at all?

I like the last one the best because it doesn't favor Bearclaw so much. The problem with the original map is that you can get froze in front of one of your resource points and be severely hampered the rest of the game because of missing out on the resources and domination points. I do this frequently when I get a lucky draw, Bog Candle in the middle is very strong. Map option 2 is very good as well, not sure if the middle resource tile is needed.
Grahaminator

Postby Void » Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 am

lappakone wrote:How would you change the map?

I think the best way to improve this map is to remove it. To few DP each turn and no portals makes for long games with close to no movement.
But if you have to keep the map then change it to MIP's option 3.
Void
King

Postby Mip » Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Bah, played it twice today vs supersum. First turn homunculus is basically game over already. Since they are about impossible to remove since you can easily defend from the stronghold.
Mip

Postby Buki » Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 am

I feel for you, Mip and I offer yet another options for changing the map. The resource tile in the middle is essential IMO and only two empty tiles were added to preserve the claustrophobic idea of the map.
option 4:
:em: :ti: :r1: :em: :em:
:em: :em: :r1: :ti: :em:
Here the peripheral resource tiles are still uncontested (only the central is), but at least you are not blocked so bad if you get, for example, a perfect start when playing second (i.e. you could play 3 creatures on the first turn) or when someone nasty infested/stroked your unit next to the stronghold.
option 5:
:em: :em: :r1: :ti: :em:
:em: :ti: :r1: :em: :em:
This version is complimentary to the previous. The upper/lower resource tiles could be attacked, but you remain easily blockable.
Buki
Visionary

Postby Void » Mon May 28, 2012 9:31 am

Mip wrote:Bah, played it twice today vs supersum. First turn homunculus is basically game over already. Since they are about impossible to remove since you can easily defend from the stronghold.

Approximately 40% of my losses is on this map and on Forked.
If your opponent has a better starting hand than you, it is very hard to win.

The maps are just to small, you don't have any space for maneuvers.
Void
King

Postby Huxk » Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 am

I'm now playing green often and need to seize the slim chance my opponent left his resource tile empty to Sidh it. In addition I have to neutralize Homunculus in early stage which requires precious action cards. So, if the player's careful enough and owns lots of Living Void, it's hard to win. The other 3 are balanced IMO, though Vril doesn't own Spy/Homunculus/Sidh and Zeppelin are not that nice on this map, the size of chamber provided the great chance to hit fast and heavily.

The one who plays first on Forked (especially BC) has higher probability to win on map Forked. The resource are near and it lacks the room for bank units or something crutial like Maiden/Frost. Only 2 steps from portal makes them very vulnerable.
Huxk
Veteran

Cabals IGN: Zubenstim
CabalsCode: AYGXVRM

Postby Mikasa » Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I vote for option 3 ;)
Mikasa
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Battleground Discussion