Online Match: Valley

Discuss about battlegrounds here.

map discussion balancing

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:47 am

hey everybody,

i want shortly speak about my thoughts of the still unmodified big map with many ressource tile but none spawn tiles.

its the only map im constantly loosing to weaker decks and opp. when i play vril monored.

i still think this map undermines the few strenghs from vril directly from the start of the game on this map: tempo, ressource generation and (zeppeline) shenanigans range.

units like banshee or effigy of morena are favoured there clearly.

so what to do?

i cant understand why the devs still dont have solved this issue. either to modify this map or to buff vril.

any answers by the devs team?

thx.

hector.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Cabals IGN: WHITE.DECK.WINS

Re: map discussion balancing

Postby Fartor » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:08 pm

I think the map you are referring to is called Valley. There's a discussion thread where there were ideas for modification being thrown around. Although, it doesn't look like it's been active in awhile. I think red has a hard time with no deploys and loses its inf advantage due to lots of resource tiles. I have found that each deck has its strong and weak maps though.
Fartor
Disciple

Cabals IGN: RITB.Fartor

Re: map discussion balancing

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:33 pm

dont know. my franz tausend deck and rosenau deck (including rosenau deck with some awakenings for effigy) has not such a bad battle map matchup. just bad cabals/deck matchups. cant speak for other cabals. but cant really see bad battle map matchups for other cabals. even the small maps without spawning points are equal for, for example queen map. due to banshees and staff like that. but this map really annoys for vril..

hector.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Re: Online Match: Valley

Postby kdark » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:48 am

I cant agree with you anymore,hector…Such a stupied map,how can it be used so many years,but deleted desert??
kdark
Novice

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:25 am

what do you mean? you can or you can't agree? i still think this map is very bad and unbalanced for vril KMVdecks. and i wonder about the fact that in the last two weeks this was clearly the most common map i had to play..sometimes it feeledlike 3-4 games in a row!?? very annoying..how are the map choice ditributions are decided by random generator?

hector.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Postby kdark » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 am

HECTORRedDeckWins26 wrote:what do you mean? you can or you can't agree? i still think this map is very bad and unbalanced for vril KMVdecks. and i wonder about the fact that in the last two weeks this was clearly the most common map i had to play..sometimes it feeledlike 3-4 games in a row!?? very annoying..how are the map choice ditributions are decided by random generator?

hector.

I want to say that I hate this map,too.It's a nightmare for every dominion decks.
kdark
Novice

Postby Effe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:19 pm

kdark wrote:
HECTORRedDeckWins26 wrote:what do you mean? you can or you can't agree? i still think this map is very bad and unbalanced for vril KMVdecks. and i wonder about the fact that in the last two weeks this was clearly the most common map i had to play..sometimes it feeledlike 3-4 games in a row!?? very annoying..how are the map choice ditributions are decided by random generator?

hector.

I want to say that I hate this map,too.It's a nightmare for every dominion decks.

I think is a good map for Fulcanelli instead.
Effe
Veteran

Cabals IGN: Effe
CabalsCode: KQCRDED

Postby Ancalagon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:39 am

I play as Franz and I have to add that unless I get some serious magician shenanigans going on, then this map is awful. The extra resources are usually not needed for yellow, and if a banshee appears on this board... It's over. This map also allows domovi to make way too much influence, since two tiles that are basically unreachable exist, this map is possibly the worst map in the pool by a large margin. I would love to see some changed or just removing it would be fine.
Ancalagon
Agent

Cabals IGN: Ancalagon894
CabalsCode: P8M4NLS

Previous

Return to Battleground Discussion