[War of Cabals] Aquila Ascension

Talk about Cabals Tournaments.

[War of Cabals] Aquila Ascension

Postby joukosalminen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 am

The cabals are scheming as always and something draws them to fight each other once more. Will it be the masters of Vril who emerge victorious or will the power of the desert dry out their competition? Perhaps powerful alchemical concoctions will be the key to victory this time.

But who can rule out the those who fight for nature and the land? Not to mention the noble dragons from the East!

The next leaderboard reset will be on the 15th at 00:00 PDT.

The rewards for the upcoming week will be as follows:
- The top 20 Neophytes will get 100 Influence + random common card from any cabal
- The top 15 Adeptii will get 200 Influence + random common card from any cabal
- The top 10 New Stars will get 100 Influence + random common card from any cabal
- The top 10 Cabalists will get 300 Influence + random common card from any cabal

The Aquila Ascension is here! Play with your favorite Cabal and win great prizes!

The night sky and the stars fascinate us Earth-dwellers and not even the Cabals are immune to their majesty. To reflect this, let’s take a look at some of the constellations that have an important place in mankind’s history before the Cabals.

Aquila, meaning eagle, is a constellation depicting Zeus’ thunderbolt carrying bird. The constellation’s brightest star, Altair, is rumored to have been part of an assassin’s order in some circles and the two-headed variant of the eagle is well known throughout a certain futuristic empire.
All of that is, however, neither here nor there since we live in the world of Cabals where battle is ever the word of the day!

Fight for your Cabal in the name of the Great Eagle!
joukosalminen
Secret Agent

Re: [War of Cabals] Aquila Ascension

Postby Pereira » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi Jouko.

First of all welcome in this dead and desert world of cabals.

I don't know if you realize what's the situation but basically you are the one which takes all the s**t in place of Kyy devs, that left the game in a bleeding state since the last 2 years, the pc version in beta, price up the game, offer us "the biggest change ever" (commons and uncommons and price up and no way to have them with tournaments), balancing problems, and so on... so we are basically a big bad familly with some unsolved marriage syndrome.

Back in the days Cabals was a game with some ambition about the cultural background. Personally i keep playing for that reason and other people do the same.

So please, never ever quote again Altair from assassin's creed. If you want to make a week and call that "aquila ascension" be conscious that back in that time, nobody was caring anymore about greeks God and everybody was influenced by the new-age/orientalist/mysticism/ post-monarchy post-industrial. Classical religions and deity move away, beacuse the 1800 is the time for naturalism, white and black magic, east-philosphy, national ideology, industrial smokes, war in the name of the nation-state, science in conflict with naturalistic tendencies, mystical figures that takes power convincing entire realms about their santity.

Zeus is not the topic, there isn't a single quote about him and we want to keep it real, like that. Altair is an offense.

Aquila and nazi's is ok, but why? Explain us. Make a short abstract for the week title and move away that russian hermit, replace him with the glorious zeppelin. U cannot put simple some symbols togheter. U have a secolar conflit to motivate, have this in mind.

Ciao
Pereira
Trooper

CabalsCode: JDAU4YU

Postby gerulf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Great post man!
gerulf
Trooper

Postby gerulf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey dev's don't you see that it's the END of great game which was interesting and full of people ? Now there are only few old tired angry players hating each other. So sad for such things... how could it possible to destroy such beautiful creation.
gerulf
Trooper

Postby joukosalminen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:59 am

Hey Pereira,

Thanks for the feedback and for the welcome. It’s not a surprise to me that as the public face of Kyy in the forums a lot of the community’s feedback will be pointed towards me and not all of it will be positive. As there are many players who've played for years and invested many hours into the game it is no surprise that there are a lot of feelings involved.

As for the content of the text, I chose to go with a more general and factual theme with the update to avoid accidentally conflicting with the lore of the game due to my only recent introduction to it.

I can see how that might be a bit off-putting to fans that play specifically for the lore and the world the Cabals with in so that’s my bad.

In the future posts, I’ll go with text that’s hopefully more in accordance with the established lore and setting.

Jouko
joukosalminen
Secret Agent

Postby joukosalminen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 am

Congrats to the winners of the first week of Aquila Ascension!

Check the photo to see if your battles have earned you glory and with it, a prize.

The battles are not over yet. Next week the top Neophytes, Adeptii and Cabalists can expect a reward of Influence and an uncommon random card from any cabal. The top New Stars will get Influence and a common random card from any cabal.

Join the fight!
joukosalminen
Secret Agent

Postby Ancalagon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 am

Good luck with the thankless job you have taken :P I think someone said it better before, but this community is an old bitter shadow of what it once was. I appreciate the work you do but I question whether it will change anything going forward.

Unless Kyy has a real plan to reinvigorate the game and communicate their real goals and plans, it feels like a band-aid on an amputee. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they at least got a new community manager (Dougy left some good sized shoes to fill, but I'm sure you'll do fine) but the issues that have driven most of the players I have interacted with, are not just going to disappear now that the leaderboards reset every week.

If you want a crash course in what you can expect from this community (or when it was more active...) check out the banshee/blazing dragon threads that were merged a while back, it's good stuff :lol:

Also there is a specific lore thread, that was merged by Dougy, it's by KVD and aptly titled "lore of Cabals" http://cabalsgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=746 everything else you want to know can be found somewhere on these forums, as it is written, "the gates of wisdom lie within...."
Ancalagon
Agent

Cabals IGN: Ancalagon894
CabalsCode: P8M4NLS

Postby joukosalminen » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 am

Congratulations to the second week’s winners. Glory has been earned as the cabals and alliances have battled.

As just one example of the week’s fighting the top 2 Neophyte Kekkonen led an offensive with the elusive Mr. Rosenau against a force lead by the mysterious Fulcanelli. While both brought forces from the Vril Society and the Order of Zahir to the battlefield it was the mighty Kekkonen who emerged victorious by outlasting their opponent. Many observers reported seeing strange alchemical concoctions and blasts of Vril energy being used to a great effect. A local farmer reported seeing a mighty Champion of Hyperborea on the field, but his claims cannot be confirmed for sure.

Nevertheless, the fighting continues. The next reset is on the 29th of November when the top fighters divided into Neophytes, Adepti and Cabalists can expect a reward of Influence and a rare random card from any cabal. The top New Stars will get Influence and a random card from any cabal.

Join the War of Cabals!
joukosalminen
Secret Agent

Return to Tournaments