The future of Cabals (2017)

Latest development news.

Re: NEWSFLASH: The future of Cabals

Postby Stavrogin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:04 pm

The changes look good. But Vril Berserker still a problem, especially for Vril discarding a card hurts too much, and you're really not getting all that much in return for the sacrifice.
Stavrogin
Follower

Cabals IGN: Stavrogin

Postby TaffyDavenport » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Well, let's see...

Adept nerf seems very, very hard. It will not leave my decks, but its something that seems like an overreaction. A nerf to +2 seems much more reasonable, but as mentioned, it will be able to get over Bearclaw lockdown.

Impostor nerf seems very reasonable, even being my main means of winning a game. The card might turn out quite useless, however, or its just that the previous combo was so powerful that we did not see other uses for this. I would think the later to be true, specially with the aoe damage cards of Vril and, perhaps, even Zeppelin.

Skull Machine: what? totally unnecessary!

Fionog: THANK YOU, GOD!

Building Contractor: really need to see it in action befre I have an opinion.

Really? No nerf to the most absurd card in the game, Royal Embalmer?? Really?
Osiris got only buffs, and I cant agree more with the changs those cards received, but, really? This is the most frustrating thing ever to face, with a laughable cost and completely ilimited power. Not to mention it makes High Priest useful only when retrieving action cards. This is the change I was looking foward to the most, and it didnt even make into the list. And, to me, Nether always were the most powerful cabal, even if comparing with Fionog and Banshee. Dominion, which on the other hand seemed the weaker one, received major nerfs.

Guess one cant have everything. At least Fionog went down. Hope the new cards make up for the Dominion players.
TaffyDavenport
Trooper

Cabals IGN: TaffyDavenport

Postby Mip » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Royal Embalmer will now at least take damage when resurrecting blazing dragons, but they have the cheapest repeatable heal available in Healer.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby Ancalagon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:49 pm

This post has made me the happiest I have been in a long time, it's hard to argue against most of these changes, and it really shows how well kyy understands what's been going on, this + new cards is going to make one the freshest cabals meta in a long long time, I'm especially looking forward to having to develop completely new decks for dominion, the imposter combo was really hurting the decks that might have been really good, but just not *as* good

Also fixing devices :)))

Happy 2017!
Ancalagon
Visionary

Cabals IGN: Ancalagon894
CabalsCode: P8M4NLS

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:16 am

Hello everybody,

I really Like to introduce the suggestion of making/buffing Dragons *MOUNTAIN SANCTUARY* to cost 5 instead of 6. so that monoblue
(And i think dragon is by far the weakest cabal in the game)
gets also a buff and not just a double nerf through blazing Dragons dmg and loyality cost.

Especially, this buff seems fair cause of the lack of res gaining for blue and it doesnt interact with yellow sea smuggler. So to have a 5 cost (and so the best removal spell) would help (New)players to get interested in Dragons and help Them to compete with other cabals Decks.

And its a rare and 3 loyality cost card so difficult and money intensive to achieve, kyy games. Seems fair.

Despite dragon offen plays elite sandstorm and so on i crush every time every monoblue deck by far. And thats not balanced.

Any thoughts, pros?

Hector.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Cabals IGN: WHITE.DECK.WINS

Postby Mip » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:33 am

All the 4 cost unit removals have drawbacks to a bigger or lesser degree, decompose gives your opponent resources, changeling trick lets him keep a 1 power unit to potentially buff or conquer tiles with, 13th chair only returns to hand, awakening barbarossa gives a random discard, Journey into Diyu gives your opponent back a different non-conquering unit. Is paying 2 extra resources really such a pain to avoid some of these effects. Besides that it also removes the unit from the game, so it can't be returned using either Hermit for blue or one of many revival tricks from osiris, which is actually an additional plus instead of the usual drawback to removals.
Underworld stroke costs 5 and is a bit of a mixed bag, blocking your opponent could potentially be very usefull, but this can also backfire due to cards like shapechange or following tao or blazing dragon. It can also just be returned to hand with magician or used as a sacrifice for some cards that need those like amulet/harbinger of doom/KMV.
The other removal is Falling Star at six cost, which actually has a slight drawback of giving your opponent a resource assuming you destroy his creature. It also has no plus like removal from game like Mountain Sanctuary.

I think if dragon players want cheaper removal they should just stick to Journey into Diyu and deal with drawbacks or pay premium for best removal in the game.

I have no clue what deck you're playing at the moment that beats most dragon decks, but I think that many dragon players actually use osiris hero, since many of their great cards, i.e. smuggler, blazing dragon, torturer, are mostly 1 loyalty so they just elite them all and use them with different hero.
Mip

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:03 am

You know what deck i play mip, it beat you many times ;)

No what i wanted to say is that no monoblue! Means EZG as hero and no deck overall plays Mountains sanctuary cause its just too costly for smuggler etc. and nether plays and is able to play removal like falling star thanks to res gaining through ivory trader and so on or horror/jackal priest combo or simply doesnt need a spot removal quite that hard like the EZG, cause nether has other strong mechanics to compensate that. Like all other cabals.

And to express that in numbers: there isnt and there wasnt quite any EZG or yu ming hero deck in the top 10-20 in cabalist and adeptus leadersboards last few months.

I know that other removals have drawbacks. Btw 13th chair with transmitter AS i play it isnt really a drawback i think. Its sth like a strong mini Combo.

And awakening barbossa drawback can be player around AS if you play it AS your last card, or it helps you *going under the radar* from frequency transmitter.

And overall, you have to See it in relation to its cabal/cabals strenght. Or even weakness lol.
Last edited by HECTORRedDeckWins26 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Postby Buzz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:19 am

Mip wrote:The other removal is Falling Star at six cost, which actually has a slight drawback of giving your opponent a resource assuming you destroy his creature. It also has no plus like removal from game like Mountain Sanctuary.

I've always wondered why Falling Star was designed like this : rare + 2 loyalty + drawback . I understand the cost of 6 - considering that Ivory Trader + High Priest + Falling Star would generate a removal circle if the cost of Falling Star was 4 ( like other removals ), but rare + drawback - I just don't understand. I'm playing SoO for couple of years now, and I'm still with just one Elite Falling Star.

Regarding the Mountain Sanctuary , I think the cost is fair considering that it has no drawback and completely removes the card from the game - I think it even ignores the "death" effects of cards ( Horror , Trooper etc) if I remember correctly . God, I'm old - I just can't know for sure if this is correct :? .
Buzz
Novice

Cabals IGN: OldSnake

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 am

Its too costly to can be played early enough to matter for dragon. Or to be played+sth else to keep pressure and *meat* on the board. You dont win just thrugh action cards or removing your opp units. I have learned with time that You have to play often at least 2 things per turn to compete and keep pressure. And thats not allowed for dragon so far. Journey let opp keep pressure by himself and its random. Thats the Problem. And you dont want to play 6res just to kill, OK "remove" , a vril novice or sth like that for tactic reasons. If, it just feels that you are 5 res behind instead if cost 5 *only* 4..if you are able to play it so early AS i described above. Thats often not achievable collecting 6res in turns 1-5 for EZG/Yu Ming...thats the point.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Postby Mip » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 am

They already have blazing dragon to deal with things like vrill novice early in the game, cheaply and efficiently.
Mip

PreviousNext

Return to Cabals News