The future of Cabals (2017)

Latest development news.

Re: NEWSFLASH: The future of Cabals

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Dominions nerfs are just too much. Especially for people who invested in impostors or build their Decks on zahir..and alawite is a key card for some zahir Decks, -2power? No! Better -1power.

Blazing dragon is the only reason to play monoblue Dragons. So i think its not necessary *to all adjacent units*, but the two loyality is fair nerf for nether either. But for dragon also a money Maker to get it elite for monoblue repeatable Combo.

Day of the false King is good.

The building constractor change is correct: but does it now conquer or not? And really each other contractor also can deploy that device?

The blasting Courier change is a good buff in my opinion. Cant understand the complaints about it. It can now move two! tiles per turn +! deal up to 4 DMG. Seems fair. And it also gives you (vril,dominion) range with two tiles per turn. Even if it is once per game but with conquering and magican repeatable OK. Or does it not work with exhaust? Am i wrong Here?
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Cabals IGN: WHITE.DECK.WINS

Postby Mip » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:50 pm

It can not move two tiles. It can exhaust to move or exhaust to do damage and then move. It can't do both in same turn, so no move + ability with move attached.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Thats sad.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Postby Mip » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:06 pm

That isn't sad, double moving is why they changed the impostor to prevent those long range stronghold captures.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby HECTORRedDeckWins26 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:26 pm

They didnt change or forbid double move. Charger or faerie. They just changed impostor to not stronghold tile. Thats fine. They had also limited that by blast Courier and everything would be fine, too.
HECTORRedDeckWins26
Visionary

Postby cashless » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:29 pm

HECTORRedDeckWins26 wrote:Dominions nerfs are just too much. Especially for people who invested in impostors or build their Decks on zahir..and alawite is a key card for some zahir Decks, -2power? No! Better -1power.
Impostors are powerful without the stronghold conquering ability.

I'm mixed on Alawite. Having Bearclaw close my stronghold with an Alawite kill was super annoying. This is an improvement in those games. It was overpowered, but to me it was something that helped balance the underpowered Dominion against opponents. You might be right, this may be too weak. I'm not sure yet. But the +1 I'm thinking might be the perfect amount for this boomerang card. It's still an awesome power, and a limitation is gone with this nerf.

HECTORRedDeckWins26 wrote:The blasting Courier change is a good buff in my opinion. Cant understand the complaints about it. It can now move two! tiles per turn +! deal up to 4 DMG. Seems fair. And it also gives you (vril,dominion) range with two tiles per turn. Even if it is once per game but with conquering and magican repeatable OK. Or does it not work with exhaust? Am i wrong Here?
Looks like you already figured out that it doesn't move twice on a move. But this is a nerf in most situations, unless you pair it smartly with an assassin or gas attack. That's the only saving grace for me, because an opponent will most likely not leave 2 or 3 units around a blast courier for you to use this power the following move.

You already could kill a 1 power-unit, then move. Now you'll only get one damage with your exhaust, then move. So an opponent would have to leave a damaged or one-power unit for that space to be vacated to move into. Moving forward, then attacking is more damaging...and the fact you could kill a unit with toughness breaks the tie for me.
cashless
Visionary

Cabals IGN: cashless.hero
CabalsCode: PPS4PSL

Postby cashless » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:31 pm

gerulf wrote:
cashless wrote: Exhaust. Makes a big different being able to use the power and keep moving.

Thanks for the answer I've already notice the difference).
So as it seems to me the Mortuary Assistant is still useless. No one will put it in own deck I' ll promise you. My advise will give it a chance to take place in a future battles).

I'm sorry. I didn't use enough words. You did notice it already, but asked for confirmation. I was confirming that was the only change I saw as well.
cashless
Visionary

Cabals IGN: cashless.hero
CabalsCode: PPS4PSL

Postby Sdric » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:04 pm

The more I think about it, the more I worry about Dominion being overnerfed. Maybe the new cards make up for it, but currently it's not looking good. Otk Vril is gone, control zahir suffers from device nerfs and aggro Zahir lost its strongest early-pressure tool... and then there's the awkward Blast Courir change which is a huge nerf against Toughness.

Plus: Dominion has the worst tools to deal with the Harbinger of Doom changes.

And then there's buffs for other Cabals.
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby Buzz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 am

Even though I’m playing Cabals for some years now I am a sub-mediocre player, so I don’t know if my opinion is worth something, but please hear me out:
I don't think the Building Contractor change will be a good thing.
At the moment if you open fast with Contractor and deploy a device on an empty (non-conquered) strategic resource tile you would create some problems for the opponent but you will not gather resources, right? – Don’t mind the conquering bug. So, this is a trade of some kind that you are willing to take –create some problems for him, giving up the possible extra resource income and victory points.
This looks fair imho, both you and the opponent still have the same income of resources and victory points, so play on.

After the change, especially on smaller maps, you can drop obelisk or dynamo on central tile and you will gather resources and earn victory points sitting and buffing the device with shaman/ healer or redeploy it with magician and the opponent will struggle to move past it.
I believe the game will become a rush towards who will deploy the devices first, and then wait and just protect them. One can argue that this will be a new way to play the game, compensate if you are in a bad position regarding opponent devices - use cards to earn extra victory points and resources etc., but I’m afraid that we will play ‘whack a mole’ with devices.

Regarding the other news, I would really love to see some info about the bug fixes.
Buzz
Novice

Cabals IGN: OldSnake

Postby Sdric » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Sidenote, if I am allowed to say this - when I played on the Dev client to test the touchscreen bug I noticed that in that version the Frequency Tower capturing bug Buzz just mentioned was fixed, so that wouldn't have been a thing either way.
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

PreviousNext

Return to Cabals News