The future of Cabals (2017)

Latest development news.

Re: NEWSFLASH: The future of Cabals

Postby Ancalagon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Seems like I haven't missed much, any news on patch date?
I don't have much interest in squeezing any last decks out of the current cards and I'm really awaiting the day when patch rollout happens so that we can build new decks, find new bugs and then get down and destroy stuff!
Ancalagon
Agent

Cabals IGN: Ancalagon894
CabalsCode: P8M4NLS

Postby Mip » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Patch date hasn't been made public yet.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby Sdric » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Well, it has been more than 2 month since the original announcement and the won't be released in the same update.
So maybe around 2024 x)
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby Buzz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 am

Mip wrote:Patch date hasn't been made public yet.

Why ?
At least there should be a statement of some sort : " We were trying to release on date X , but we have encountered some issues and we will try to release before date Y , blah blah blah" , or " we have never intended to release something in the first couple of month of the year, so we are on schedule , patch will be released on date Z ... blah blah blah".

I didn't play for some time, and I was looking for news this morning... And there are no news.
No bugs fixes, more PAIG issues then ever, same old "time out" issue.
There are bugs that have been reported for years ! Years ! Hell, I have a post from December 2015 quoting other post from 2011 or 2013.

There is no clear patch policy for this game. There is no information about new version releases, new cards releases, just teases and a lot of silence.
What is Kyy's plan for this game anyway?
Steam game is in early access for how long now? Almost an year.
When was the last patch released for mobile ? November? Kyy Games thinks the product is stable so no hotfix or patch is needed ? Look again on the forums...
Does Kyy Games still consider Cabals an important product for them?
If not, tell us .. at least we'll know to not expect much regarding new content, bug fixes etc.
If yes, please prove it in some way. Fix bugs, release a time schedule for content and updates or at least an intention of schedule.
Buzz
Novice

Cabals IGN: OldSnake

Re: The future of Cabals (2017)

Postby dougsymon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 am

Hi Buzz,

Thank you for the message. We do not announce dates because they are likely to change and we don't wish to promise something and then not fulfil it. The Steam version is still in Closed Beta and will enter Early Access when the time is right.

This thread gives a completely open list, with explanations, of the coming card changes and we will bring them to the community as soon as they are ready. As can be seen from the timing of this topic and the teasers the coming update hasn't gone to schedule and is a prime example of why we don't give dates.

We love the game as much as you do, and are thankful for all your support now and into the future. From the change list and the teasers it is possible to deduce there are at least two updates planned for the game. The new cards are not going to be released at the same time because so many changes are being made that new cards as well would just be too much. We need to observe the card changes in the hands of every Cabals Community member as internal testing, analysis and so on isn't the same as all of us playing with them in competitive online battles.

As I've said before we are working as hard as we can to improve Cabals and are dedicated to doing so into the future. We thank you for your patience and look forward to bringing the work we've been doing to you.
Join your fellow players on IRC for general chat and friendly matches:
#cabalscg
irc.quakenet.org
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cabalscg
Thread with more information about IRC channel

DM me if you'd like a game of Cabals!
dougsymon
Site Admin

Cabals IGN: WindomEarle
CabalsCode: R5Z8YTW

Postby Buzz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Dougsy,
Thank you for your answer.

dougsymon wrote:Hi Buzz,
Thank you for the message. We do not announce dates because they are likely to change and we don't wish to promise something and then not fulfil it.

Having an announced release date (even a vaguely defined one) and not being able to keep it is understandable imho, if there is some kind of communication as I've mentioned above.

dougsymon wrote:The Steam version is still in Closed Beta and will enter Early Access when the time is right.

That's worse than Early Access :(. Closed Beta for almost an year.

dougsymon wrote:This thread gives a completely open list, with explanations, of the coming card changes and we will bring them to the community as soon as they are ready.

Dougsy, you know what I meant.
I was talking about when, not what.

dougsymon wrote:We love the game as much as you do, and are thankful for all your support now and into the future. From the change list and the teasers it is possible to deduce there are at least two updates planned for the game. The new cards are not being going to be released at the same time because so many changes are being made that new cards as well would just be too much. We need to observe the card changes in the hands of every Cabals Community member as internal testing, analysis and so on isn't the same as all of us playing with them in competitive online battles.

As I've said before we are working as hard as we can to improve Cabals and are dedicated to doing so. We thank you for your patience and look forward to bringing the work we've been doing to you.

Bugs.Bugs.Bugs. When are the bugs going to be fixed?
When will PAIG bug be fixed? When will the app be stable on mobile ? It crashes so often in game, hell it crashes when i'm in the deck builder, Dougsy.
When will the "time out" be really Time Out and not a silly way to grab a win?
These are simple questions asked for years now.

*Edit some spelling.
Last edited by Buzz on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buzz
Novice

Cabals IGN: OldSnake

Postby Sdric » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 am

@Dougsy

A big issue I see from what I've heard over the last month is that you want to release patches for Steam simultaneously with Android and Ios, instead of treating the CB-client as a as a standalone platform while in CB. Steam players want progression - but you could simply compensate later on for all influence earned, keeping track of one variable shouldn't be an issue. Since I started playing Cabals last year there has not been a single Steam client patch - while a lot of fixes are ready (trll took less than a day to fix the touchscreen bug which makes it unplayable on convertibles!).

This would have several advantages:
1.) More people where encouraged to test the Steam version (to try new patches)
2.) Bugs would be discovered faster
3.) You could use the separated platform to test card changes and get some player feedback ( I know that you did respond to Blast Courier feedback, but having more people during the initial gameplay test allows you to discover such things faster)
4.) People would actually see progress instead of a Kyygames being seen as a big blackbox (economical definition)
5.) Changes and persisting issues could be identified and discuses more properly
6.) Translation wouldn't be an issue until the card texts are really final
7.) Due to 2.) 3.) 5.) and 6.) money could saved by investing less resources and cutting costs for tripple-development (PC, Ios , Android) that has to be redone.
8.) This freed up resources could be used to Card Blitz for example, to build a bigger Cabals Community altogether
Sdric
Elite

Cabals IGN: Sdric
CabalsCode: 7HDWBSC

Postby Kicek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 pm

^^^^

Sorry for not addnig any value to the topic, but someone should buy the guy above me a beer for that post ;)

Only one thing to mention from my side - there was a special cabals test version at one point, avaliable for windows. And we played it and reported those bugs! Not sure why aren't the players involved in testing anymore.
Join your fellow players on KIK messanger!

Install KIK on your mobile device (free app).

Pull down the main screen until the camera will turn on. Then point the camera here:

http://cabalsgame.com/forum/download/file.php?id=194
Kicek
Veteran

CabalsCode: NKJQ2JM

Postby Mip » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 pm

If you make the steam closed beta it's own system again like it was in the beginning then it was nearly impossible to find a match without arranging it with someone outside of the game.
Mip

Cabals IGN: CoW.Mip
CabalsCode: C9GP2GK

Postby Kicek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:00 pm

But we don't have to make it a closed enviroment permanently, right?
The 'testing events' like before would be really helpful as well for us to find bugs and give feedback.
Join your fellow players on KIK messanger!

Install KIK on your mobile device (free app).

Pull down the main screen until the camera will turn on. Then point the camera here:

http://cabalsgame.com/forum/download/file.php?id=194
Kicek
Veteran

CabalsCode: NKJQ2JM

PreviousNext

Return to Cabals News